The Fundamentals of Sharia Law on Home Financing
Led by Dr. Main Alqudah
Registration is now open!
Meet the Speakers
Dr. Main Alqudah
A Professor of Islamic Finance, Dr. Main is a nationally known lecturer on contract auditing of Sharia-compliant contracts. As President of Guidance College, it is Dr. Main’s vision and leadership that has guided Guidance College from its inception to where it is today and on to tomorrow’s continued growth. In addition to Islamic Finance, Dr. Main has taught a myriad of classes in Islamic Studies from elementary school to postgraduate level. Serving the Muslim Community as a Scholar, Islamic centers throughout the United States and abroad have benefited from Dr. Main’s tutelage.
- PhD in Islamic Studies – Concentration in Islamic Finance, American Open University, Virginia, USA, 2005.
- Master of Arts in Islamic Economics, Al-Yarmook University, Jordan, 1996.
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Al-Azhar University, Cairo, Egypt, 1991.
- CEO & Co-Founder, Guidance College AKA “Al-Huda University”, TX, 2011 – Present
- Assistant Director & Co-Founder, Houston Quran Academy, TX, 2009 – 2019
- Adjunct Professor, Mishkah University, TX, 2009 – 2010
- Visiting Research Scholar, Islamic Dawah Center, TX , 2008 – 2010
- Resident Scholar, MAS Katy Center, TX, 2008 – 2019
- Adjunct Professor, American Open University, 2004 – 2010
- Adjunct Professor, Islamic American University, 2003 – 2008
- Lecturer of Islamic Studies, Al-Ahsa Teachers College, SA, 1999 – 2000
- Teacher of Islamic Studies, Darul Uloom Private School, SA, 1997 – 1999
- Teacher, Organization for the Memorization of the Qur’an, SA, 1997 – 1999
- Research Assistant, Al-Yarmook University, Jordan, 1996 – 1996
- Director, International Islamic Relief Organization, Jordan, 1994 – 1997
Account Executive - Southeast Region
Ahmed Ragab is an Account Executive at Guidance Residential serving the Southeastern region of the U.S. As a trusted member of Guidance Residential’s Islamic home financing team, Ahmed has been active in the Islamic home finance industry for the last six years. In 2021, he was awarded Top Producer of the Southeast region. Ahmed has experience in teaching Islamic Studies and was a TV host on a daily show during Ramadan 2009 at Al Huda International TV in Egypt. He is very passionate about educating Muslims about Islamic finance and his mission is to save Muslims from Riba.
Schedule and Program Details
Muslim communities across America are increasingly considering Islamic finance as a legitimate option for their personal investment strategies. They are turning to their Imams, as their trusted guides and advisors for direction, making this training more important than ever.
Participants will receive a certificate of completion.
For those who seek more knowledge through an intimate and smaller class size, please attend to find out more information about a 6-credit hour college course offered exclusively by Guidance College. A credit towards the course will be provided by Guidance Residential for those who attend the Fundamentals of Sharia Law on Home Financing training.
The training will cover:
January 30, 2023
An Introduction to the Training
- AIF project & Training Certificate: Criteria & Future Events
- Introduction of Speakers by Ahmed Ragab
11:35am – 12:35pm EST
- General Fatwa about trading and financing homes
12:35pm – 1:35pm EST
- The ruling of the traditional mortgage
- The categories of the US Islamic Mortgage companies
Break (15 min)
1:50pm – 2:50pm EST
- The reality and the ruling of dealing with the Islamic Finance companies in the US
2:50pm – 3:10pm EST
- Master’s degree Program in Islamic Finance from Guidance College
- Closing Statement by Ahmed Ragab
What Past Attendees Are Saying
“I would encourage people around the country, especially Imams who I know have a lot of questions [about Islamic finance] to attend this event."
Imam Tahir Anwar
Imam, South Bay Islamic Association & Lecturer, Zaytuna College
Next Events - 2023
Fundamentals of Sharia Law on Home Financing – Urdu