The Fundamentals of Sharia Law on Home Financing
Led by Dr. Main Alqudah
Registration is now open!
Meet the Speakers
Dr. Main Alqudah
A Professor of Islamic Finance, Dr. Main is a nationally known lecturer on contract auditing of Sharia-compliant contracts. As President of Guidance College, it is Dr. Main’s vision and leadership that has guided Guidance College from its inception to where it is today and on to tomorrow’s continued growth. In addition to Islamic Finance, Dr. Main has taught a myriad of classes in Islamic Studies from elementary school to postgraduate level. Serving the Muslim Community as a Scholar, Islamic centers throughout the United States and abroad have benefited from Dr. Main’s tutelage.
- PhD in Islamic Studies – Concentration in Islamic Finance, American Open University, Virginia, USA, 2005.
- Master of Arts in Islamic Economics, Al-Yarmook University, Jordan, 1996.
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Al-Azhar University, Cairo, Egypt, 1991.
- CEO & Co-Founder, Guidance College AKA “Al-Huda University”, TX, 2011 – Present
- Assistant Director & Co-Founder, Houston Quran Academy, TX, 2009 – 2019
- Adjunct Professor, Mishkah University, TX, 2009 – 2010
- Visiting Research Scholar, Islamic Dawah Center, TX , 2008 – 2010
- Resident Scholar, MAS Katy Center, TX, 2008 – 2019
- Adjunct Professor, American Open University, 2004 – 2010
- Adjunct Professor, Islamic American University, 2003 – 2008
- Lecturer of Islamic Studies, Al-Ahsa Teachers College, SA, 1999 – 2000
- Teacher of Islamic Studies, Darul Uloom Private School, SA, 1997 – 1999
- Teacher, Organization for the Memorization of the Qur’an, SA, 1997 – 1999
- Research Assistant, Al-Yarmook University, Jordan, 1996 – 1996
- Director, International Islamic Relief Organization, Jordan, 1994 – 1997
Sh. Yusuf Talal DeLorenzo
Special Guest Speaker
Sharia Board Member,
Shaykh DeLorenzo is a member of the Sharia Board for the Accounting and Auditing Organization for Islamic Financial Institutions (AAOIFI). He is considered a leading authority on Islamic finance in the United States. He has translated over twenty books from Arabic, Persian and Urdu for publication, including a three-volume Compendium of Legal Rulings on the Operations of Islamic Banks. Shaykh DeLorenzo has also been a pioneer in internet education with a course entitled 'Principles of Islamic Investing.' He is a member of Sharia Boards of several Islamic financial institutions in the United States and abroad, including Dow Jones Islamic Markets and Guidance Residential Financial Group. Shaykh DeLorenzo has served as secretary of the Fiqh Council of North America and was also an advisor on Islamic education to the government of Pakistan. Following a university education in the United States, Shaykh DeLorenzo studied the classical Sharia Sciences with scholars in Pakistan.
Hussam Qutub is the Senior Vice President, National Sales Manager for Guidance Residential. Hussam joined Guidance in March 2003 and has served in a variety of Senior and Executive Management roles. His past responsibilities included vice president of Marketing and Communications, where he played a significant role in the company's first ten years of geographic expansion and was instrumental in establishing our brand. Hussam's most recent role was that of President of Guidance Home Services LLC, Guidance Residential's sister company. Before embarking on his career with Guidance, he studied international relations at George Mason University. He specializes in leadership and team building, business development, communications management, branding and positioning, public relations, digital marketing and lead generation.
Guidance Residential, SVP,
Salman Ali is the Regional Manager for Corporate Sales and the Mid-Atlantic Region at Guidance Residential. Salman has over 20 years of experience in the banking and financial services industry and has been with Guidance Residential for over 13 years. Salman has a passion for Islamic Financing and enjoys educating others on the subject. Salman is a history enthusiast from Virginia who enjoys collecting and studying historical artifacts.
Schedule and Program Details
Muslim communities across America are increasingly considering Islamic finance as a legitimate option for their personal investment strategies. They are turning to their Imams, as their trusted guides and advisors for direction, making this training more important than ever.
Participants will receive a certificate of completion.
For those who seek more knowledge through an intimate and smaller class size, please attend to find out more information about a 6-credit hour college course offered exclusively by Guidance College.
Guidance Residential will provide a credit towards the 6-credit hour college course for those who attend the Fundamentals of Sharia Law on Home Financing training.
The training will cover:
October 2nd, 2022
An Introduction to the Training
- Program Agenda
- Training Certification: Criteria & Future Events
- Introduction of speakers
11:35am – 12:35pm EST
- Conventional Mortgages & the U.S. Mortgage Industry (50 min)
- Q&A (10 min)
12:35pm – 1:35pm EST
- Legal Ownership (35 min)
- Special Guest Speaker – Sh. Yusuf Talal DeLorenzo (15 min)
- Q&A (10 min)
Break (15 min)
1:50pm – 2:50pm EST
- Categories of Islamic Mortgage Companies in the U.S. (40 min)
- Guidance College – Dr. Shakir Ullah (10 min)
- Q&A (10 min)
2:50pm – 3:50pm EST
- Companies and Their Status (50 min)
- Q&A (10 min)
What Past Attendees Are Saying
“I would encourage people around the country, especially Imams who I know have a lot of questions [about Islamic finance] to attend this event."
Imam Tahir Anwar
Imam, South Bay Islamic Association & Lecturer, Zaytuna College
Next Events - 2023
Fundamentals of Sharia Law on Home Financing – Arabic - Led by Dr. Main
Fundamentals of Sharia Law on Home Financing – Urdu